The Erie Phenomenon of Gypsum

Gypsum, OH -- Once known as a small, quiet mining town several miles from Lake Erie, the town has recently been experiencing rather odd and strange occurrences by locals.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HST Keiko
Admin

PostSubject: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Tue May 12, 2015 4:06 am

Talon sped home, hoping that poor Fang could handle getting the woman calmed down. Once he pulled into the drive, he'd help Duncan out and lead him inside and upstairs to his room, "Okay, now that I have you here, we're going to get you into some normal clothes since you look about the size of Fang and I. While we're doing that, you're going to tell me what you remember before you ended up here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theeriephenomenon.forumotion.com
silver-mask

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Tue May 12, 2015 4:15 am

Duncan examined his attire, then examined Talon's with a stiff grimace, "Strange. Heh. Guess I look strange to you though, huh?"
Duncan nodded to the man and took off his cape before throwing off his pants and boots, standing bare naked in front of the closet, "I will assume a disguise in the meantime, I suppose. As you said, if I draw attention to the secrets of this town, this town's likely to get a stiff neck from getting all that attention shoved down it's throat."
Opening the closet, Duncan paused before facing Talon, "Hrm. Its occurred to me that I might not know some necessary customs. How should we engage that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HST Keiko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Tue May 12, 2015 4:37 am

Talon chuckled, giving a nod as he tossed Duncan a Coheed & Cambria t-shirt, a new pair of underwear, some baggy jeans, and a pair of sneakers, "Here. Try these on."

His eyes went wide as he turned to hand the man the clothes, realizing he was naked as he quickly averted his eyes, "Y-yeah. There's enough going on in this town at the moment."

Talon gave a laugh, "Well, for one, you can't just go to different joints asking for whores and sex. If you want some, you might want to go to a bar and chat some ladies up, get to know them so that they feel a little comfortable around you, then you can ask if they'd like to go back to your place. If they're interested, they'll usually join ya and you might be able to get some action. I'm not sure what other customs you'd need to know since I'm not familiar with what are typical customs in your own land."
Back to top Go down
silver-mask

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Tue May 12, 2015 4:49 am

Flipping the underwear inside and out, Duncan miraculously managed to get the underwear on correctly and groaned, "Yeah, I get that now, and I'm eager to get back to the whores in my world now. Sounds like too much work for just a potentially good fuck."
Grunting as he put the pants on, Duncan wasn't used to such fabric against his skin and shifted awkwardly, "This is either a great prank, or an unfortunate reality... Why are the boots so short?"

Finishing up dressing himself, the oaf rolled his shoulders with pursed lips, "The arms and chest are small. Your friend's clothes will do fine though.
Just don't expect me to do any stretches.
For now, do you have tourists visit here often? It's possible I may pass as a foreigner. Perhaps a mage on his journey?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HST Keiko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Wed May 13, 2015 12:20 am

Talon would shake his head with a small chuckle. Once asked about the 'boots', he'd grin, "They're called sneakers. They're a bit easier to move around in and make you run a bit faster than you would in boots. Not to mention boots kinda went out of style for me about 100 years ago or so...except for if you're a cowboy, a cosplayer, or medieval re-enactment actor."

He'd grin, "Glad the clothes work for ya. We do have a few out-of-towners pass through on rare occasion and as long as you don't openly go around calling every scantily clad woman a whore, you just might fit in a bit better. There's lots of regular humans in this town, so we have to keep the supernatural community a bit hush-hush unless we want to either be killed or kept for experimentation. So, I wouldn't bring up that you're a mage unless you really want other things hunting ya that aren't too mage friendly."
Back to top Go down
silver-mask

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Wed May 13, 2015 12:34 am

Duncan rolled his shoulders and took a shallow sigh. He looked a bit like a balloon animal with his wide frame stretching against the leaner top, but it was the fact that his torso was even covered that made him feel a bit uncomfortable.
Most of the time, Sanyos was very humid, so being unable to let his chest breath was very odd. However, the weather was fitting enough to condone more layers this time.
Dipping his fingers into the pockets, Duncan nodded to Talon, "Fair enough. Your world your rules." He wasn't a big fan of rules, but he stood by respecting others property since he preached it so much to those in his tavern, "What now? Is there another metal car that can take me to my world? Perhaps a ri- Wait. No magic? Fucking Radgin! How do you people live?!"
The large man was starting to feel a bit stranded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HST Keiko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Wed May 13, 2015 1:18 am

Talon grinned, 'That's the spirit!" Though it would soon turn to a bit of a frown at Duncan's last comment, "I'm afraid there is no car that can take you to your world. Portals have been randomly appearing and disappearing over the town and some of our townsfolk have gone missing. I'm not sure where these portals lead or if they're just connected to your world. Folks are still trying to figure them out."

The young, muscular teen would laugh, "Well, some of of use our magic, just not in sight of the humans since it's against the laws of the supernatural community. Bad things have happened when the normal humans have been exposed to our sorts of magic."
Back to top Go down
silver-mask

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Wed May 13, 2015 1:39 am

Duncan dipped the corners of his lips in approval of the slack on his magic, "I think I can manage keeping my magic under wraps. It's not exactly flashy, but it'll make a party more exciting."
Duncan walked up to a window and looked outside, trying to wrap his hazy head around the concept of being in a new world. It wasn't new magic, but it was unheard of to be accidental or natural. Such restrictions made him wonder if someone sent him away on purpose.
Turning to Talon, Duncan raised a hand to the door, "Well. I have a great number of questions, but I suppose they can wait. You're a musician, aren't you? The instruments looked different, but familiar enough to my world. Should we head back, or shall I stay here lest Opal still has trouble with calming her nerves. I mean. You could try throwing a ball or baiting her with a leg of meat, but she doesn't seem the type to let go of grudges quickly."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HST Keiko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Wed May 13, 2015 1:47 am

The drummer would cross his arms with a grin and cock an eyebrow, "Oh? And just what sort of tricks do you have up your sleeve?"

He'd chuckle, "Yeah...if we're going to have you come to our concert, you might want to wear one of my caps a pair of glasses so that Opal doesn't instantly recognize you. I'd recommend staying clear of her...at least for tonight with so many folks being around, unless you'd rather stay here. I'll need to pick my sister up from a friend's place since she plays in the band, too."
Back to top Go down
silver-mask

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Wed May 13, 2015 3:04 am

With a nearly inaudible laugh, he smiled at the young man's question and options, "I'll answer both with a single explanation. I trained my magic for one thing only; to make alcohol and drinks better. That includes making brew when there's no good booze to be had.
Takes a lot of magic, but I'm prepared."

Walking across the room, Duncan grabbed a beanie and let his long hair build a curtain in front of his eyes, "And I could use a drink."
It wasn't really a single explanation, but Duncan wasn't particular about speech since he'd end up slurring on good nights anyway.
"Don't worry. As boring as it sounds, I'll TRY blending in. I'll be like a pale maiden lying bare in the snow, or a firm stick far up a werewolf's ass."
He walked by Talon and grumbled to himself, "Better be getting laid for free when I get back home. I've been here only a few hours and I'm already feeling deprived of the essentials."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HST Keiko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Wed May 13, 2015 3:16 am

The Corax's grin would widen, "Sounds like you'd fit right in with our sort of crowd in regards to booze.'

He'd move to his bedroom door, 'What can I get ya? Unfortunately, the 'rents keep a dry home, so there's alcohol. We have juice, soda, water, milk?"

He'd chuckle at his analogies, "That's not too reassuring, but I have a bit of faith in ya that you'll blend in as best as you can. Just, again, steer clear of Opal for the night.'
Back to top Go down
silver-mask

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Wed May 13, 2015 3:36 am

The older man followed teenager out and waved his hand, "Water's fine. In my world, there's a legend about a man who could command the water into wine without the aid of magic. It takes me a bit more effort, but water still is the cheapest way for me to make a decent brew."
He shook his head with a smile, "Too bad too. If she wasn't such a spitfire, she'd be a tempting treat.... Hrm... Ah yes. That kind of thing doesn't go over well here.... Eh. She's still a sultry woman, attitude aside. Could be more buxom, but... Right. Keep forgetting that talk isn't "appropriate" here."
Clearing his throat, Duncan glanced to the young man, "Do you drink? Depending on the beverage, I can make enchanted drinks too, if you need a boost for tonight."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HST Keiko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Wed May 13, 2015 5:51 am

The teen would chuckle, "There's some who practice certain religions here that think their 'savior' turned water into wine without the aid of magic. I'm not one for religions though, so I can't say I believe that sort of thing, but who knows."

Shaking his head, "Well, she's not always that much of a spitfire unless she's dealing with disrespectful clients. Play nice with her and who knows. You might get lucky, man. Tons of the guys that go to my school would just at the chance to get a piece of her. She's a sweet lady once you get to know her."

Talon would laugh and shake his head, 'Nah, probably wise not to since I need to drive to get my sister AND still be able to play drums tonight. I do drink though."
Back to top Go down
silver-mask

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Wed May 13, 2015 4:35 pm

Gazing around the place, and glancing out of windows every so often, the strange man clearly seemed lost, "I've never had a problem with REAL faith. Some of my best patrons are holy men. Real holy men drink the truth like water, its the fools who call themselves "holy" that choke.
Enough of this though. Is this another common thing I'm failing to notice? I can't see your wells, and I assume it's not conjured by magic."

He curiously began observing pictures decorated around the house, taking in all the new wonders, This isn't painted. He stated magic wasn't common here, so how did they seal their image upon this glass?
He nodded with a laugh when he heard the remark about Opal, "I don't doubt that. I've seen enough misunderstandings and fights to know there's nothing a good drink, food, or maybe even a game can't fix.
My whores seem offensive in this world,"
He faced Talon again, "Which, I'll say again, are well treated and viewed no different than a musician, a mason, or a brew master... Albeit viewed with a bit more appreciation though.
She just needs to loosen her tongue before taking cookware to someone's head. And I believe I know just how to get her tongue moving, if you follow me... Drink is what I mean. A good drink."
His eyes widened as something caught his attention and went into the bathroom where he turned on the faucet, "I'll be damned! A spigot that draws water? If none of this is magic, I'll..." Duncan pursed his lips and tapped the faucet with his index finger, "I'll be sure to watch what I bet before I start making claims about a world with metal beasts as transport."
He gestured to Talon with a broad smile, "Come! Where are your glasses and mugs?... Ah, but first," He held out his hand to the young man, "My name is Duncan Sinclair, owner of the Dragon Cork, Dragon Fang Cork, or whatever you feel like calling it. I have no sign still."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HST Keiko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Wed May 13, 2015 10:29 pm

Talon chuckled as he led the man through the house to the downstairs, giving a small shrug, 'Eh, I have nothing against folks that are religious. It's just not for me since it's a bit hard to wrap my head around that sort of thing. But to each his own." Giving a small nod, "Yeah, whore is a bit of a derogatory word to use towards women. Women in our history have fought for the positions they hold in this day and age and to be seen with respect. They're still fighting for that respect from men and Opal's one of em'. I'm rootin' for em' though. Someone needs to fight for their cause."

He'd laugh, "Just don't attempt to get her drunk on the job. That won't go over too well. Folks here aren't supposed to work drunk or even tipsy. Not too professional."

The drummer would peer into the bathroom curiously with a laugh, "Nah, it's not magic. Just science. There's plumbing and a pipe system that runs to each home and business from the water treatment building that provides us with fresh, safe drinking water."

He'd move into the kitchen and open the freezer to pop some ice in, then fill it with water, handing it the man, while taking his hand in the other, "Nice to meet you, Duncan. I'm Lucas Fisker, drummer of the band 'Mane Attraction', though most call me Talon."
Back to top Go down
silver-mask

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Wed May 13, 2015 11:14 pm

Duncan bowed his head with a grin, "Talon, eh? Well, Talon, you've got a nice grip for a man of your age. I was beginning to think this world looked too clean for the youth to grow backbone."
Taking the glass, Duncan grasped his dragon fang necklace tight and examined the glass a bit. When nothing seemed to happen, Duncan swung back the glass and chugged the contents before letting out a toxic sigh of relief, "There we go! A little medicine for a long journey. Damn, I love the science here!" The pungent odor of vodka came off his breath, sterilizing the air in front of his face, "Now! About that band? Aren't you running late? Unless you like to be hours early, it looked like you were setting up for the evening."
The large man remembered the strange appearance of the instruments, but recognized them all the same. He was simply unsure why coffee needed celebration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HST Keiko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Thu May 14, 2015 12:20 am

Talon grinned, "Thank ya, sir. Nah, us youth got plenty of backbone." The kid lifted an eyebrow, "Medicine? Yeah, the science it pretty awesome, I'd imagine, for someone not having seen something quite like it."

He'd give a nod, "I'm not running late yet, but we should probably start heading out soon. We're already set up for the most part. We'll probably just need a small test run, then we'll be good. If you're coming, we'll need to go pick up my sister."
Back to top Go down
silver-mask

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Thu May 14, 2015 1:18 am

Clapping down the glass next to him on a counter, Duncan nodded and thrust his fist into the air, "Medicine! I've been drinking at least two mugs of proper brew since the day I received this lovely ability. Without it, the hangout could theoretically kill me. That's roughly half a decade of booze I'd be coming off of. So yes. Medicine."
Thrusting his fist into the air, the drunk marched to the front door, "Alright, then! No time like the present, yeah? Lets go get the little lady and... What? Is she a musician as well? In any case, come! This metal car obeys you magnificently. I saw many others earlier that screamed at each other."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HST Keiko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Thu May 14, 2015 5:17 am

Talon shook his head and chuckled softly, "Fair enough. Must be hard going without after so long."

The drummer would grin and follow the man out of the house, locking the door, before hopping into his fan and helping Duncan in, "Yeah, she plays our bass and sometimes does female vocals." He'd start the car and drive a few streets over to another house. Giving the horn a few good honks, a rather attractive teenager with dark hair and steely blue eyes would run out, wearing a short pair of jean short with striped socks that came up to her thighs with platform heels and a graphic tee that had the new band logo on it. With her bassist case in hand, she'd hop in the back of the van once she saw someone sitting in the passenger seat, "Hey, bro. Who's your friend?"

Talon would smile, "This is Duncan. He's new in town. Duncan, this is my sister Lucy, though most call her Catseye."
Back to top Go down
silver-mask

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Thu May 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Duncan tipped his head towards Catseye, "How's it going, Catseye? Your brother's been very helpful guiding me around. He makes good news of good music in the near future! I'm looking forward to it."
Duncan grinned, eager to see what new intrigues awaited at the coffee shop. Certainly there'd be more women closer to his age, right? New drinks at the very least.
It was then that he remembered Opal offering a free meal, which brought to mind a question. Facing Talon, Duncan cleared his throat, "Say, in my... Country... We likely use different currency than you, yes? What do you use here? Gold? Gems? Animal bones?" The only part he was joking about were the animal bones, but he almost expected that to be the answer now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HST Keiko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   Thu May 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Catseye sat on the empty floor in the back of the van, giving a nod as she pulled a makeup bag out, "It's going alright. Been scrambling to get homework done for a project due tomorrow and just did pull it off, thank god..." She'd grin, "Hope ya enjoy the show."

The girl would begin putting her eyeshadow and mascara on while her brother drove them back into town. She definitely seemed to have a knack for applying make up in a moving vehicle. She'd look up to the man a bit confused, "What country do you come from? Medieval Europe? We use American dollars and coins here. Haven't seen much else come through except maybe the occasional Canadian quarter. Though if you're betting, a variety of things could be used as currency, I suppose."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)   

Back to top Go down

Crow Sanctuary (5/10/2015 Evening -- OPEN)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1